Saturday, January 17, 2009

Suzy and Becky Littlefield Az
Well im finally feeling well enough to start my weekend training with horses. When I decided to move here I knew I would have the opportunity to be around these beautiful creatures and break my intimidation of them. (Most of your remember the love spill I took earlier this spring). I went to my nieces property in Littlefield to hang with her and my sister and all the children including the grandson Karston. As we sat eating lunch they all teased it was time for me to start my horse training and figured I should go round up the two horses that are ridable. Out we headed to the pasture 2 adults 5 kids and 3 dogs, a little much we sent the dogs and half the kids back. My great nephew is quite the horseman already and he set off rounding up his horse Whipper who was not being very obedient. I stood there in awe watching this tiny man run around bossing the horses we finally caught Gideon the older horse and I was holding onto his rope as Becky and Brett attempted to get Whipper. Before I knew it all four horses were around me including the two that still need to be broke. They boxed me in and it was the most amazing feeling, they were snorting and getting up close and personal but all let me touch them as they sniffed and nuzzled me, I felt very humbled by the experience. After riding I got to take off the saddles, lead them back out and let them go. I am so excited to go back out next weekend and learn more especially since the wild ones actually liked me! All in all a good day.

No comments: